- •The article presents validation and adaptation of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory to the Polish language.
- •The Dizziness Handicap Inventory required statistical analysis and adaptation to the Polish language to be fully implemented in the healthcare system.
- •It is a self-report questionnaire validated in 12 countries and still is successfully used to measure the perceived handicap related to the vestibular organ.
- •The questionnaire helps to understand perceived difficulties in emotional, physical, and functional scales that are not measured by other tests and supports doctors’ decisions in the rehabilitative process.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health-related quality of life and emotional distress in patients with dizziness: a cross-sectional approach to disentangle their relationship.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 317
- Dizziness: a common, troublesome symptom but often treatable.J Vestib Res. 2010; 20: 391-398
- Burden of dizziness and vertigo in the community [published correction appears in Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(1):89].Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 2118-2124
- Epidemiology of vestibular vertigo: a neurotologic survey of the general population [published correction appears in Neurology. 2006;67(8):1528].Neurology. 2005; 65: 898-904
- Dizziness in 10 year old children: an epidemiological study.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 75: 395-400
- Vertigo and balance problems in children--an epidemiologic study in Finland.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2006; 70: 259-265
- Assessing dizziness-related quality of life.in: Jacobson G.P. Shepard N.T. Barin K. Burkard R.F. Janky K. McCaslin D.L. Balance Function Assessment and Management. 3rd ed. Plurar Publishing, San Diego, CA2021: 143-165
- Relationship between patient reported experience (PREMs) and patient reported outcomes (PROMs) in elective surgery.BMJ Qual Saf. 2014; 23: 534-542
- Patient-reported outcomes (PROs): putting the patient perspective in patient-centered outcomes research.Med Care. 2013; 51: S73-S79
- Przegląd wybranych kwestionariuszy stosowanych do oceny zawrotów głowy i zaburzeń równowagi.Now Audiofonol. 2020; 8: 60-71
- Epidemiology of dizziness in northern Poland – the first Polish neurootologic survey of the general population.Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017; 24: 502-506
- International classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF). World Health Organization.https://www.who.int/standards/classifications/international-classification-of-functioning-disability-and-healthDate accessed: July 22, 2022
- The development of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1990; 116: 424-427
- Principles of good practice for the translation and cultural adaptation process for patient-reported outcomes (PRO) measures: report of the ISPOR Task Force for Translation and Cultural Adaptation.Value Health. 2005; 8: 94-104
- Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 3186-3191
- A good practice guide for translating and adapting hearing-related questionnaires for different languages and cultures.Int J Audiol. 2018; 57: 161-175
- Book Review : psychometric theory (3rd ed).Appl Psychol Meas. 1995; 19: 303-305
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Science.2nd ed. Routledge, Hillsdale, NJ1988
- Psychometric Theory. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1994
- Quality criteria were proposed for measurement properties of health status questionnaires.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 34-42
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Test-retest reliability of the Dutch version of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory.B-ENT. 2006; 2: 75-80
- Translation, cross-cultural adaptation and reliability of the German version of the dizziness handicap inventory.Otol Neurotol. 2009; 30: 359-367
- Translation, cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Bulgarian version of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory.Qual Life Res. 2014; 23: 2103-2107
- Translation and validation of the dizziness handicap inventory in Greek language.Int J Audiol. 2017; 56: 936-941
- Validation of the Italian version of the dizziness handicap inventory, the situational vertigo questionnaire, and the activity-specific balance confidence scale for peripheral and central vestibular symptoms.Front Neurol. 2017; 8: 528
- Validation and factor analysis of the Lithuanian version of the dizziness handicap inventory.J Int Adv Otol. 2019; 15: 447-453
- Brazilian adaptation of the dizziness handicap inventory for the pediatric population: reliability of the results.Audiol, Commun Res. 2015; 20: 327-335
- A screening version of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory (DHI-S).Am J Otol. 1998; 19: 804-808
- Factor analysis and correlation between Dizziness Handicap Inventory and dizziness characteristics and impact on quality of life scales.Acta Otolaryngol Suppl. 2001; 545: 145-154
- Measurement in Medicine: A Practical Guide.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom2011
- Methodology of Psychological Research. 5th ed.PWN Publishing, Warsaw2019
- [Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory: Argentine version].Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp. 2012; 63: 106-114
- Walidacja polskiej wersji kwestionariusza Dizziness Handicap Inventory.Otorynolaryngologia. 2018; 17: 105-111
- Validation of the Polish version of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory.Med Pr. 2019; 70: 529-534
- Questionnaire design in comparative research, 2003 research. In: Cross-Cultural Survey Methods.Wiley, New York, NY2003: 19-34